Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cake Complex

I left the house with good intentions and came back with German Chocolate cake.

So begins my cake complex.

I stopped by a local café on my way home when the date I had planned for myself and my ego failed. So yes, it would be fair to call this rare occasion emotional eating but not very polite of you.

I ate the bottom two layers of that three layered cake. The top layer is sitting in my fridge and the thought of going home to it has kept me going all day. Simple pleasures. I have been up for eleven hours already – that’s a lot of cake dreams.

I got to crawl out from under the fluorescents at work with a quick lunch off campus. Mid soba noodles I yearned for that cake. So… we stopped to get more cake. This is getting ridiculous. I ate the same portion at my desk. I now have two cake tops in the fridge and a belly ache.

Why am I writing about cake? Really, it was just to share this conversation via text during consumption.

“Mmm… cake.”
“I ate too much of it. I have a cake belly.”
“Mmm… cake baby.”
“I think I want to eat my baby.”
“Good thing you have another half baby at home.”
“The top half too. Mmm… brains.”

I think I need to cool it with the cake.

And, I’m sorry I am so skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment