Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gardening Win

When I hit day 7, things were moving faster than I ever thought they would. Sixty percent of my seeds had already sprouted and that morning I just had the urge to pick one up. And I saw:


ROOTS! Which sent me into an emergency re-potting situation. Correction, sent Rob into an emergency re-potting situation, since I had to leave for work and those couldn't wait another day. While I gave hopeful violinists the bad news they didn't advance into semi-final auditions... Rob was going all Martha Stewart on me, making newspaper pots. Newspaper pots because I'm cheap.


I came home that day to a dirt station on the living room rug, a dirt station in the kitchen and then I joined in and made a dirt station on the table. Since that day, dirt has been everywhere. My house smells of dirt around the clock. I am constantly brushing it off my feet or into a dust pan. And the re-potting never rests. So today I had a gardening win over the dirt problem.

I grabbed this Rubbermaid tray to start carrying my plants outside for weathering. It's been hovering around the plants for a week now and I had to re-pot the sage today. And then it hit me:


All of my dirt problems - SOLVED (well, except the smell). I now have a designated indoor re-potting station. Clean up is a breeze since I can just pour the spilled dirt back into the bag. Such a simple thing. Genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment