Saturday, May 3, 2014

Containers, containers

It's another cold (ish) day and all I can do is play with some dirt. 
I'm getting my containers ready today and planting a few of the seeds I can sow directly outside.


In the big trough, I planted seeds for my English breakfast radishes in the center. 
They will eventually be book-ended with one black krim tomato and one zucchini.


The blue container will eventually be my bush beans, but it needs to warm up considerably for those. The orange container is my blue dwarf kale. The kale has been happy enough to sit out there all day. I have yet to try overnight. I just sowed some marigold seeds directly into the stone circles. Hopefully they'll come up and keep the bunnies away.


I saw this stacked planter idea on Pinterest. It will be my herbs. 
I put a row of marigold seeds on the bottom and spearmint on the next up. 
The top two will be filled with the basil and sage starts growing in my kitchen. 
I am unsure about this contraption. 


I bought a raspberry bush! And that trash can looking container for it. There is some debate on whether it will flower this year or if I have to wait until next year. 
I hope I get some berries this summer. Fingers crossed.

That's what I'm doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment