Sunday, December 27, 2009

words

I have nothing to say. My lips are rested. My vocal chords strong.

Milwaukee days seem to bring more words than the last. Their sounds come as whispers and blairing TVs. Their intentions prove heartfelt or mindless. Words recieved with laughter and consideration. Words heard or unheard.

These sounds swirl within my head all day long. From the moment I wake to the instant I fall asleep. They can even be heard in those moments between conciousness. Fading softly, slowly and unclearly.

So many words floating around my head. My ears are tired. They are tired from listening, from registering, from trying to avoid, from pretending. My ears are so tired I can't bare to give them any more - not even my own.

"Words are all I have to give to you." If Maja Ivarsson is right, I better start talking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment