Saturday, April 18, 2015

Humming humming hummingbird

One of the things I never talked about last year was that we bought a hummingbird feeder. I've rarely ever seen birds in my backyard. I don't know why I should think we could start with a hummingbird. But we bought one. Mostly it hung there. Sometimes I'd remember the change the water. But mostly... it hung there.

For something that we impulsively bought and then ignored, it sure does come up in conversation more than it ought to. So maybe that means... I should try. Put a little effort in.

Supposedly the hummingbirds are migrating north and have been spotted in our neighboring states. I have cleaned the feeder and today I added some enticement.

Flowers.

This 70 degree weather has me optimistic, I'm sure, but it sure is nice putting some color back there. I tried to stick with the red the birds are drawn to. But who am I kidding? We have wayyy too many one legged cats in this neighborhood for hummingbirds.



I also bought a little alyssum to plant between the veggie pots.




I'm so very ready for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment