Friday, March 12, 2010

Tease Me


Another day. Another shade of gray.


The rain hasn't stopped. It merely changes between the hours. The thunder has rumbled into drizzle. But the streets haven't had the chance to dry.


The haze sticks to every earthly surface. It hovers and won't lift. This film over the city varies in saturation. Today it's nearly white. My eyes feel milky. The tops of buildings remain hidden. Structures built right up to the clouds.


The wet sits in my bones. Filling the calcium deficient holes. So today I try to escape the dampness and end up.... in a hotter dampness.


I trade the 40 degree damp for an 85 degree damp and find myself here.


This damp is better than the one outside this glass bubble. Eighty some degrees and the coat comes off. Here I sit with the smell of lillies over wet pavement.


Really, I am teasing myself. Just as the rain is teasing me. These smells make me yearn for new growth. New green. I want my windows open. I want my skin to feel sun.


But this is Minnesota. Tease me. Tempt me. But I know you'll make me wait for it.



And I'll wait with hope that the blooms will be more colorful or the flowers more fragrant.


This is how I spent my two bucks - Donating to the Tease.





1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be a tease, too, and tell you that I spent the weekend at the beach. Deal with it. P.S. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete